วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 29 กันยายน พ.ศ. 2554

Oh yeah, that?s turquoise!!

Back in July, I wrote about my colourful obsession ? painting the front door. And the next day, I found what I thought was the perfect turquoise, Eddie Bauer Sea Breeze. But the more I looked at the chip and compared it to other turquoise chips, the more it looked too green. So, I picked up another batch of turquoise chips and started the process over again. With some help from my friends Nicole and Lisa, I decided to go with CIL Vista Marine.

VM

But I made a boo-boo ? colours always look lighter outdoors, so I should have gone with the next darker colour on the chip, Peacock?s Plume.

peacock plume

Unfortunately, the two colours have different bases. So even though they?re just one colour away from each other on the paint chip, it was only possible to go so much darker than Vista Marine without thinning out the paint too much. Luckily, the paint could be tinted just enough to be almost as dark as Peacock?s Plume.

Here?s the before, Valspar Rare Vintage. I love the colour, but just felt like doing something different.

door before

Here?s the door with Vista Marine . Just one coat at this point, but it was too pale and washed out.

door close

And here?s the door with Peacock?s Plume.

turquoise door

Hubby took the next picture for me, so that?s my excuse for the hose sticking out of the garden :-) And hubby refuses to put the Christmas lights up and down, so they stay up all year. But they?re not plugged in, I promise!!

peacock from road

I?m still trying to figure out a way to hide the brass trim on the windows. It?s actually sandwiched between two pieces of glass, so I can?t remove it and I can?t paint it. I also want to replace the light fixtures with ones that are silver metal and more substantial.

Quick update #1: If you?re wondering if I was crazy enough to go swimming this weekend? YES, I most definitely AM crazy!! Which is why I?m sitting here in my sweatpants and sweatshirt with the heater on trying to thaw out my fingers & toes!! But it was so worth it, and I?ll probably be going in again before the weekend is over :-)

Quick update #2: I?m so excited to report that my friend Matt LeBlanc has sold all 200 paintings and achieved his goal of raising $25,000 for cancer research with his Art for Life Campaign. Absolutely fantastic, Matt!!!

I?m linking my front door makeover to Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch. Pop over to check out what everyone else has been metamorphosing? I just made that word up :-)

sigpurple_thumb_thumb

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Designties/~3/gB-KF330rpA/oh-yeah-thats-turquoise.html

modern style cool house house

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น