วันศุกร์ที่ 29 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2554

A bedroom makeover

This inspiring bedroom makeover comes from French blogger Vincent Layerle...
One of my friends asked me if I could do something with his really old-fashioned bedroom... and of course, I have said YES ! It was a real pleasure for me to try to make this room something special for him. A place where he could sleep peacefully, enjoy watching his favorites movies or just work easier than he did when his Mac was on a tea table (yes, it was exactly like that before I came)... He also wanted more storage units... Yes this friend was very hard to please!

So I have pulled my socks up and I have first built a complete bed... It looks like a platform covered by a parquet floor bleached in a scandinavian way... and he has now a huge drawer to put in all his stuffs... (around 6*6 ft)... To make it cozier I have installed two wool curtains,... He has told me when he closes them, he feels exactly like he was in a boat cabin... and he really likes boats... so a good point for me !
For the bedhead, I have just used 3 Lack tabletops from Ikea. The wallpaper has been found on the french website Elitis. There is an amazing Ikea floor lamp too, just beside the bench storage that I have built like a big boy. 'How' you will ask me (or not... but I will still tell you...) : 6 wood planks covered with an old piece of fabric (found on a deck chair)... Yes it's really easy and yes I am the king of recycling...
The small console-desk has been created using an Ikea Expedit bookshelf...
Finally, the fabulous checked cushions have been created by my dear friend 'Mademoiselle Dimanche', a french fabric designer that I love so much ! (here is her website ... sure you will love too !)

Source: http://www.desiretoinspire.net/blog/2011/4/28/a-bedroom-makeover.html

design inhabitat contemporist

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น