วันเสาร์ที่ 25 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2554

RESTORING A GREAT BRAND: THE INCREDIBLE NEW LOOK OF RESTORATION HARDWARE!

All photos in this post by Coco of COCOCOZY
Inside the glam new Restoration Hardware store in Los Angeles. (above)

So put simply...I am impressed.

Last night, I went to the opening party for the new Restoration Hardware "gallery" in West Hollywood.

My friend elite event planner Yifat Oren (Yifat was responsible for Reese Witherspoon's wedding) and my assistant KS joined me and we met up with my fab new friend Jessica Kantor from Vogue.

The event was hosted by the Los Angeles County Museum and the venerable Margaret Russell, Editor-in-Chief of Architectural Digest (Margaret looked so summer chic by the way...she was wearing a cute pink dress with a sparkle encrusted neckline (I had just seen Margaret last week at the event for the First Lady of the United States). During a quick hello at the party last night, Margaret was also very nice to congratulate me on the COCOCOZY textile collection!). 

Ran into Million Dollar Decorator star Mary McDonald (I met Mary through a friend awhile back, so we had a nice chat), designers Oliver Furth and Jeff Andrews among many others!

Okay enough about who was there...I need to talk about what I saw.

I walked into the party at about 7:30p...into a beautiful courtyard with huge wine barrel chandeliers hanging from gargantuan ropes, lots of outdoor furniture and great music.  It was quite posh.  Then I moved into the store...in search of my friends (who were all running a tad behind) and was bowled over.  Restoration Hardware, the store that used to be in malls around the country, had transformed into a fine furnishings purveyor.  GORGEOUS reproduction furniture, sparkling chandeliers, wonderful accessories and an overall traditional meets modern sexy vibe.  The store has dark grey walls, lots of pieces in the neutral, grey and brown tones.  French and Eurpoean antique reproductions and even some stabs at mid-century modern reincarnations were throughout the two story very grand and elegant space.  While all seemed rather fine...all of the furnishings and the setting felt inviting...assistant KS even said she wanted her dream home to look like the store!  All seemed to be well made...heavy, substantial, well crafted pieces.  I'm no expert on all of this...all I know is what I saw...and I loved it.

Then it was time to meet Gary Friedman, Restoration Hardware's CEO.  He is pictured on the Restoration Hardware website.  Well as it turns out, he is a totally nice man who clearly knows what he is doing (the reason I say "as it turns out" is that I know he must be a little busy and if I were running an empire, I could only hope that I would be able to be as nice and natural as he was).  Gary, a true pro I could tell, was so kind and gracious when meeting me, Jessica and KS (Yifat had left for the evening at that point).  I didn't know what to expect...but all I know is that after chatting with him for just a few moments, I walked away duly impressed again!  (Oh I had just read this article about Gary Friedman and Restoration Hardware's revamp in the Wall Street journal. Gary was quoted as saying "Great brands don't chase customers; customers chase great brands"...love that quote and I try to remember it every day as I work on building the COCOCOZY furnishings collection and the overall COCOCOZY brand...very inspirational).

Anyhooo...enough of my chatter and onto my pictures of the event.   Here goes....




Loved these fully tufted sofas and sectionals. Love! (above)






So...what do you think?  I would have to say...if you have received the Restoration catalog...it does not do justice to the furniture and accessories (it is a nice catalog don't get me wrong)...but trust me, everything in the store is even more beautiful in real life.

I want to hear your thoughts on this new look for Restoration!  What do you think????

Happy Friday!

xo
Coco

P.S. Went to dinner at Fig & Olive after the event with Jessica and KS and ran into Emily Ruddo of Armonia Decor.  She is a reader and designer and it was so nice catching up with her and her friend.

P.P.S. It was just announced today that the COCOCOZY collection is now being represented by a showroom in Atlanta called Christian Mosso Associates (CMA).  The CMA showroom in Atlanta represents textile and furnishing lines like Serena & Lilly, Peacock Alley, Designers Guild and many more prestigious brands now including COCOCOZY. I feel like I'm in good company!  I will be in Atlanta in July to show the collection!

Photos: All photos in this post by Coco of COCOCOZY

Source: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cococozy/zOlp/~3/3aAOimbntGo/restoring-great-brand-incredible-new.html

cool house house living

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น